At first I thought that Triangular Feather Stitch was another stitch difficult to fit in among my printed flowers. Then I realised that this stitch works fine for leaves.
I made a misstake. The instruction says ”Take your thread over the top of the first bar and thread the needle under it.” I did the opposit. I took the thread under the first bar and …
The result wasn’t the same but it looks all right.
Eventually I figured out how to make the stitch. Here it is:
One petal is sewn in the wrong way but the others are right.
I started following TAST again from Stitch 58. At the same time I started catching up on the missing stitches. Here are some of them.
52. Sheaf Stitch
53. Turkman Stitch
56. Lock Stitch
A lacy border, just what I needed right now but unfortunately it didn’t work on the curvy lines on my flowers. I tried a few flowers nevertheless.
In this version I coached down the outer tip of every stitch.
Here are my first attempts.
I have not been working on my TAST-cloth for almost a year now but now I am back. (I will catch up all missing stitches and date the blogposts so that they will come in the right order.)
This week’s stitch is Slipped Detached Chain Stitch, aka Tulip stitch. It is a nice little stitch, easy to sew and easy to fit in amongst my Paradise Flowers from Dala-Floda. This picture will remind you of my training cloth:
Here are some of my Slipped Detached Chain Stitches. First I started two new flowers.
Then I tried a couple of Slipped Detached Fly Stitches.
I made my first Lock Stitch between two narrow lines. The distance between them is only around 2 millimetres. This stitch looks better on a straight or slightly bowed line. They look very similar to Up and Down Buttonhole Stitch as you can see in the red centre of the flower.
Here is a picture anyway.
What a useful stitch. It is almost new to me but I will certainly use it a lot.
When I first tried Up and Down Buttonhole Stitch I did’t realise its potential and made only a few stitches.